Ichiro Suzuki had seven hits and four stolen bases in Wednesday's doubleheader. If you own Ichiro, didn't that feel like Fantasy Baseball Christmas?
Chris Archer was good enough on Wednesday, and Matt Harvey was lights out in his final start of 2012, raising our streaming starter record to 99-59 for the season. Today's pick is Ross Detwiler (owned in 30.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues), and Friday's selection is Cincinnati's Bronson Arroyo (22 percent owned). I don't mean to load up against the Dodgers - it just worked out that way.
On to the news:
- A's SP Brett Anderson, who has pitched very well since returning last month from Tommy John surgery, left last night's game with a strained oblique. Anderson will have an MRI today, but can you remember the last time you heard about someone coming back from that injury in less than two weeks? Yeah, me neither. Feel free to replace Anderson.
- Aroldis Chapman threw a bullpen session on Wednesday, and could return to closing games for the Reds this weekend. Stay tuned.
- The Rangers played without OF Josh Hamilton (blurry vision) and 3B Adrian Beltre (intestinal issues) last night. It's unclear when either player will return, and if you own Beltre, hope that his malady is just a bad stomach ache.
- There are seven afternoon games on today's schedule, starting with Twins-Indians at 12:05 p.m. ET. Set your lineups accordingly.
- Padres SP Andrew Cashner has been shut down for the rest of the season due to lingering issues with his lat injury. Rookie Casey Kelly will start in Cashner's place against the Giants on Friday. The game isn't at PETCO, but the Giants don't hit much, so NL-only owners can consider him.
- Reds OF Ryan Ludwick left last night's game because of groin tightness, but it doesn't sound serious.
- Coco Crisp's pink eye kept him out of the A's lineup again last night. His status for today is unclear, but my AL keeper league team could really use some steals. No pressure, Coco.
- Brandon League saved last night's Dodger win because Don Mattingly wants to ease Kenley Jansen back into the closer role. Look for Jansen to get the job back very soon.
- The Tigers aren't sure when C Alex Avila (concussion) will be available to play, but today's doesn't sound likely.
- Neil Walker's back is still an issue, and it sounds like his playing time will be inconsistent over the final two weeks of the season.
- Rookie Jean Segura has pulled ahead of Jeff Bianchi in the Brewers' shortstop competition. Segura steals bases sometimes, if you need that from a middle infielder in a deep mixed league.
- The Indians activated DH Travis Hafner from the DL on Wednesday, but he's expected to play only three times per week. Hafner figures to cut into rookie Russ Canzler's playing time.
- Jake Odorizzi is expected to make his MLB debut on Sunday for the Royals. FanGraphs has a good look at why the talented Odorizzi might be a good fantasy option against the Indians.
- Bud Norris (flu) might not be able to make his start today for the Astros. The moderately interesting Edgar Gonzalez will start if Norris can't go against the Cardinals.
- The Diamondbacks don't plan to call up pitching phenom Trevor Bauer again this season. Bauer will be an interesting guy to rank for 2013 - great stuff, lots of Ks, too many walks in the minors.
See you back here tomorrow morning.